10 inexpensive but effective cameras for independent film makers A camera is the most important equipment for any film maker. It is the equipment that helps you capture your vision and present it to the audience. You may be a great story teller however a story is best told through visuals and that is exactly […]
10 inexpensive but effective cameras for independent film makers
A camera is the most important equipment for any film maker. It is the equipment that helps you capture your vision and present it to the audience. You may be a great story teller however a story is best told through visuals and that is exactly what a film camera helps you achieve. In fact you can actually create a film with nothing more than just a good quality film camera. A film maker without a film camera is incomplete.
Let us take a look at 10 inexpensive but effective cameras for independent film makers:
- Samsung HMX- H105 – The Samsung HMX is a full high definition camera. The best thing about the camera is its size. It is very compact and can fit very well in your pocket. It is also ergonomically designed and fits in your palm perfectly. It makes you wonder how far technology has bought us from the times when camcorders were huge contraptions you had to carry on your shoulder.
It has a 10x optical zoom and a brilliant LCD which is a touchscreen and thus the number of buttons on the camera is reduced. It has a solid state drive which can hold recording up to 32 GB and is priced around $600.
- Panasonic HDC- SDT750 – Three dimensional movies are the rage these days. If you believe your story can be best narrated with a 3D movie the Panasonic HDC- SDT750 is what you need. This camera offers awesome 3D image capture with the help of a 3MOS imaging system. You would not need a sound recorder as it features a 5.1 channel audio capture with the help of five directional microphones. It is priced around $1600 however it is amazing equipment for the price.
- Sony Alpha SLT – A33 HDSLR – This HDSLR from Sony may look like a digital camera you would use to capture photos. However it has an amazing HD video recording function which will make it perfect for your need. It is very lightweight and easy to use which is just what Sony aimed to do. Sony hopes that many independent film makers will embrace this new camera and it will become the camera of choice for film makers. Video is recorded at 1920x1080i AVCHD and it has an input for an external microphone which is recommended even though it has a built in microphone so that the sound of the camera motor can be avoided. It comes with a ton of features and costs $660.
- Sony MHS – FS3 3D – The Sony MHS is an amazing high definition 3D camera. If you want the cheapest 3D camera in the market and aim to use it to create a 3D film without burning a hole in your pocket this camera is for you. The Sony MHS costs just $250 and thus makes it perfect who wish to experiment with 3D movie making.
- Panasonic HC – X900M – The Panasonic HC-X900M looks a lot more expensive than it really is. It can help you capture both 2D and 3D footage and thus is the only camera you would need as your workhorse for at least next 3 to 4 years. It has a 3MOS sensor and captures video in Full HD. The Leica Dicomar Lens offers 10x optical zoom and the camera weighs less than a pound. This camera costs $1200.
- Panasonic HDC – TM700 – The Panasonic HDC-TM700 is a good high definition camera which costs $ 1000. It features a 32 GB built in memory and Leica Dicomar lens with a 3 inch LCD. It also has features like face recognition and time lapse recording.
- Panasonic HDC – TN80 HD – The Panasonic TN80 is great for anybody who wants a no hassle video recorder. It has an MOS sensor and 16 GB of internal memory. One of its interesting features is that you can also take still pictures while you are recording a video. It is also affordable and costs $400.
- Canon XF300 – The canon XF300 is a full feature camcorder which comes with a number of professional technologies in built. It has an 18x zoom and 1/3 CMOS sensor. It is a good buy if you prefer a conventional style camcorder.
- Canon Vixia HF S11 – This camera from canon has received many great reviews from indie film makers. It is packed with features and costs $ 1400. It offers full HD AVCHD recording and 64 GB of storage. It also has a night scene mode.
- Sanyo Xacti – This the most unique, unconventional and cool camera you will find on the market. It looks like a camera that the aliens left behind on one of the sojourns to earth. It is very ergonomic and costs $ 800.
You can take your among these amazing and affordable cameras which will help you shoot the nest big indie movie.
Warning: include(/home2/top/public_html/myfilmstories.com/ads/ad_content.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/top/public_html/myfilmstories.com/wp-content/themes/convergence/single.php on line 18
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home2/top/public_html/myfilmstories.com/ads/ad_content.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/top/public_html/myfilmstories.com/wp-content/themes/convergence/single.php on line 18